My final model for the first 6-month Tale of Painters challenge, a second Gondor Battlecry Trebuchet for the collection. In an obverse situation to the Balefire Catapult, the crew were painted ages ago, alongside some batch or another of Warriors of Minas Tirith, while the Trebuchet itself languished for at least a year.
This one, like the first, was an eBay rescue job. The metal was assembled, but coming apart and sprayed black. I assumed that I’d be able to knock it together in just a couple of days like I did with the first one, and in the same style. I took apart a few of the bits (stone, counterweight, cranks), cleaned them up from the glue residue, then started to set up a base on a large GW oval, and then… meh for the better part of another year. Until I finally got it done on the last day of the challenge. So there’s that as far as motivation goes.
I’ll showcase what I managed to paint within the 6-months next up.