Another mini-review today. A Micro-review, perhaps. Or even, just a simple warning…?
Watched the movie the other weekend. Played the game tonight (got them in a cheapish bundle months ago after reading reviews of the game). A bad game of a below-average action film of a ?? comic.
Played it for half an hour? Maybe an hour?
- Muddy green and brown-tinged graphics with high-contrast thrown over the top of it.
- Shitty cover-shooter mechanics. As in, not “oh those shitty cover-shooters” but a truly shitty shit shit implementation of cover-shooter mechanics.
- A muddled jumple of a story that’s even worse than the film’s story. Terrible/laughable attempts at creating dramatic tension. Even for a game.
- Poor gunplay.
- Too much pointless juvenile swearing for me to give it away as a gift to one of my students.
- Looks like an XBox 1 title.
- Reviews called it “competent” “decent” “7.3/10” “3.5/5”, etc.
- They lied.
I’ll give it another half an hour, or hour in case it magically becomes kind of alright. It won’t of course. Then it’s frisbee time for this piece of trash.
Had another quick play with it. Awful, awful game. By comparison it makes the movie look like Citizen Kane.
The movie was below average, but somewhat alright in a trashy, watch-once-and-forget action movie kind of way. This is just dire.